MPHA is committed to...
- Advancing the public's health in Missouri;
- Improving educational opportunities for health-related occupations;
- Exchanging knowledge and experience.
MPHA is your opportunity...
- to be a member of the ONLY multi-disciplinary public health organization in Missouri
- to influence state and national policy makers
- to develop your leadership potential and further your professional growth
- to expand your network of public health contacts
- to participate in educational forums
Benefits of Membership
- Networking opportunities with a wide variety of public and private individuals through the state associations and local chapters
- Increased awareness of "cutting edge" public health issues
- Continuing education credits available to you throughout the year
- Reduced fees for educational and annual meetings
- Quarterly newsletters with articles about current public health issues and updates of member organizational activities
- Scholarships to advance personal careers in public health policy
- Recognition of members and colleagues
Make a difference through committees and activities
- Education: plans and conducts educational workshops on a wide variety of topics for continuing education credits
- Membership: recruits new members and encourages participation
- Annual Meeting: plans the Association's annual meeting with networking, professional speakers, education sessions, recognition and lots of fun!
- Advocacy and Public Policy: keeps a watchful eye on state and federal legislative activities that affect the public health of citizens and keeps the membership informed
- Resolutions and Bylaws: reviews the organization's structure/rules and handles resolutions
- Public Health Week: plans and conducts state and local activities for Public Health Week in April
- History: maintains history of the organization and will develop publication for year 2000
The Missouri Public Health Association is a non-profit organization established in 1925 to improve the health of all Missourians.
A Board of Directors leads the activities of MPHA and includes Chapter Presidents covering the state of Missouri . Chapters include: Central Northwest, Ozark Mountain and St. Louis .
Your membership will add strength to the voice of MHPA. Your participation will stimulate improvement of organization, financing, coordination and delivery of health services to individuals, families and the community and promote public health awareness. For more information contact us at 573-634-7977 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.